I have probably 50 recently bought books unread. Probably 6 books pre-ordered. Probably 12 underway and partly mislaid. So far this year in 5 weeks, I’ve finished 6 books. Rather less than my usual 2-3 a week but my body has been evil and I have physical projects of sewing and construction.
- Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson, trans by Ernest Benn Ltd (Square Fish, Macmillan, 1958)
- The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler (Villard, 1998)
- Gogo Monster by Taiyo Matdumoto Translated by Camellia Nish (Viz Media, 2009)
- The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman and illust by Dave McKean (Harpers Collins, 2006)Zen Guitar bt Philip Toshid Sudo,
- Mooninland Midwinter by Tove Jansson, trans by Thomas Warburton (puffin books, 1958)
- The Howls of August: encounters with Algonquin Wolves by Michael Runtz (Boston Mills Press, 1997)
Underway, Charlotte Gray’s Murdered Midas, Essays in Idleness by the Tsurezuregusa of Kenkō, collected plays of Euripides, Drawing the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards, …the silent Zero, in search of Sound…an anthology of Chinese poems from the beginning through the sixth century, translated by Eric Sackheim (Grossman Publishers, Japan, 1968), and probably other things in other rooms buried under other books.
I also belatedly realized I truncated my fav of 2019 reads list in a copy and paste error. It’s properly expanded.