I’ve decided to focus on reading more paper, less online.
So here’s the start of Books Read in 2013 from the 95 books in a year idea. The first 10 I’m finished, the others I’m still reading.
- Day and Night: Poems by Dorothy Livesay (Oolichan Books, 1944, 2011)
- Life in a Medieval City by Frances and Joseph Gies
- Still: (to be) Perpetual by Matthew Cooperman (dovetail, 2007)
- Cleo & the salamander by Amanda Earl (le Temps des Cerises, 2012)
- Newspaper Blackout by Austin Keon (Harper, 2010)
- Memoirs by Evelyn H.C. Johnson (Chiefswood, 2009)
- The Wild Braid: A poet reflects on a century in the garden by Stanley Kunitz (Norton, 2005)
- English Montreal Poetry of the Seventies, edited by Andre Farkas and Ken Norris (Véhicule Press, 1977)
- Methodist Hatchet by Ken Babstock (Anansi, 2011)
- Conflict by Christine McNair (BookThug, 2012)
- Agony by Steve Zultanski (BookThug, 2012)
- Warrior Poet: A biography of Audre Lorder by Alexis de Veaux (Norton, 2004)
- Pauline Johnson: Her Life and Work by Marcus van Steen (Hudder & Stoughton, 1965)
I’m thinking I’ll post the done list at the end of each month. But here’s to a start…
And here are others who do 13 Thursdays.