Reading Series/Author Resources
- When to Contact Readers: Communication Plan for a Reading Series (docx)
- Tasks for the Board of Directors/Series Organizers (pdf)
- Tips on Giving a Reading (pdf)
- Do’s and Don’ts for Author Bio and Photos (pdf)
- Managing the Untamable Open Mic: Techniques (pdf)
- Guiding Questions for a Reading Series (pdf)
- Author-Publisher Communciation (pdf)
- 4 pages of the haiku family tree including a Venn diagram map
- 7 pages: exercises on rhythm (.pdf)
- rubric for assessing poetry (editing rubric .pdf)
- evaluate a book (assessingbooks.pdf).
- 10-page handout on poetic processes (poetics-strategies.pdf)
- 1-page of thinking of motivation in Roles of writers (.pdf)
- Poetry values cards: Instructions, Deck 1, Deck 2.
Toys and techniques:
- Word-Shuffler for the hokey pokey of words order
- Pearl-diving: Grit to Form Poems Around: a prompts chapbook
- Twitterbot of words embedded in words; WellThatPuts the __ in __
- Word Tools and Prompts post
- WellThatPuts webpage where you can refresh for new matryoshka words.
- A template for xbooks for Pages 4.0 (later versions removed the linked text box feature)
- An x-book folding pattern thanks to Paula Beardell Krieg (.jpg)
- 4-fold broadsheet for legal-sized paper for Mac (pages 5.5)
- 6-sheet chapbook (10 pages including cover & pages numbered) for Mac (.pages 4.0)
- 4-sheet chapbook (8 pages including cover & pages numbered) (.pages 4.0)
- 3-sheet (6 pages including cover & pages numbered) linked text box chapbook template (.doc) or for Mac (.pages version 4)
Track your reading?