Reading Series/Author Resources
- When to Contact Readers: Communication Plan for a Reading Series (docx)
- Tasks for the Board of Directors/Series Organizers (pdf)
- Tips on Giving a Reading (pdf)
- Do’s and Don’ts for Author Bio and Photos (pdf)
- Managing the Untamable Open Mic: Techniques (pdf)
- Guiding Questions for a Reading Series (pdf)
- Author-Publisher Communciation (pdf)
- 4 pages of resources on the haiku family tree including a Venn diagram map
- 7 pages of exercises on rhythm (.pdf)
- rubric for assessing poetry ( editing rubric .pdf)
- assessingbooks.pdf or sections of your own book or manuscript or those of others.
- 10-page handout on poetic processes (poetics-strategies.pdf)
- 1-page of thinking of motivation in Roles of writers (.pdf)
- 1-page handout on poet motivation-types (contemporarypoetry.pdf)
- Poetry values cards: Instructions, Deck 1, Deck 2.
Toys and techniques:
- The Word-Shuffler game for the hokey pokey of word order
- Pearl-diving: Grit to Form Poems Around: a prompts chapbook
- Twitterbot of words embedded in words; WellThatPuts the __ in __
- Word Tools and Prompts
- WellThatPuts webpage where you can refresh for new matryoshka words.
- 6-sheet (20 pages + cover & pages numbered) for Mac (.pages)
- 4-sheet (8 pages + cover & pages numbered) chapbook template (.doc) or for Mac (.pages)
- 3-sheet (6 pages + cover & pages numbered) linked text box chapbook template (.doc) or for Mac (.pages)
- 4-fold broadsheet for legal-sized paper for Mac (pages 5.5)
- An x-book template for Mac Pages 4.0 (later versions removed the linked text box feature)
- An x-book folding pattern thanks to Paula Beardell Krieg (.jpg)
Track your reading?
- A spreadsheet for CWILA/VIDA-style tracking of demographics of reading (Numbers 3.5)